• Umbrella – We’ve all been drenched by an impromptu summer downpour at the worst possible time. Avoid having your look ruined on the way to that important job interview or date by keeping an umbrella in the car.
• Sturdy shoes – You might have learned by now that trying to walk in flimsy sandals in a heavy downpour is a recipe for disaster. Don’t get caught in inclement weather (or the mud that follows) without a pair of sturdy, closed-toes shoes. Keeping a pair of tennis shoes in the car will also come in handy if you decide to go for an impromptu walk on your lunch hour.
• Water/snacks – You don’t want to get stuck in a traffic jam on a sultry day with no water. Keep clean water in the car alongside a few non-perishable food items, like nuts or protein bars. If you regularly travel with a pet in the car, make sure you have water for them as well.
• Phone charger – It’s always a good idea to keep a charger handy in the car, but there’s an extra need during the long days of summer. Baseball games, cookouts, and trips to the pool, beach, or amusement park are all fun warm-weather activities that tend to keep you away from home for long stretches. Don’t let your phone run out of juice.
• First aid kit – Summer activities like the ones mentioned above can sometimes lead to injuries or discomfort. In addition to traditional first aid kit items like bandages and antiseptic, make sure your summertime kit includes sunscreen, aloe, bug spray, and anti-itch ointment.
• Sunglasses – The sun’s rays are stronger during the summer, and more outdoor time means more strain and potential damage to your eyes. Keep them covered with shades that offer both UVA and UVB protection. Even if you usually have sunglasses with you, store an extra pair in the car to ensure you’re never without protection for your peepers.
There are an infinite number of ways to have fun during the summer months. By planning ahead and keeping these helpful items on hand, you can ensure that nothing puts a damper on your summertime fun. Have fun and stay safe this summer, and don’t forget to stop by any K&S Car Wash to keep your car shiny and clean